Mr. Basil Fox Softie Sewing Pattern
Meet Mr. Basil Fox! This dapper little fox is entirely stitched by hand and made of wool-blend felt. He wears a (machine-stitched) shirt made of gingham cotton lawn and denim jeans, removable boots, and has a hand-knit wool ribbed scarf for warmth. With this pattern, you can make a dressed-up Basil of your very own!
Separate, individually downloadable PDF patterns are also available for lots of other clothes and accessories so you can add to your rabbit wardrobe.
Finished Size: About 14" (35.5cm) tall (not including her ears)
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions with photos
- Embroidery tutorial
- Knitting pattern
- Pattern templates
To make Mr. Basil Fox, you will need:
- One 12" x 18" (30cm x 46cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #WCF001-0661 Copper
- One 6" x 9" (15cm x 23cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #WCF001-1102 Antique White
- One 3" x 4" (7.5cm x 10cm) piece of Liberty Tana Lawn cotton in Pepper E (for ear)
For his shirt:
- Two 9" x 12" (23cm x 30cm) pieces of 1/16” (1.5mm) gingham cotton lawn
- Five 1/4” (6mm) buttons
For his pants:
- One 9" x 12" (23cm x 30cm) piece of 6.5oz cotton denim
For his boots:
- One 5" x 8" (13cm x 20cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #WCF001-2650 Teddy Bear Brown
For his scarf:
40 yards (10g) of Brown Sheep Nature Spun sport-weight yarn
- Four colors of 6-ply DMC cotton embroidery floss: #918 (copper), #3865 (antique white), #3371 (grayish brown), #3021 (very dark brown)
As well as:
- Size US5 (3.75mm) knitting needles
- Size #5 embroidery needle for stitching fox
- Water-erase fabric marker and chalk fabric pencil
- Paper scissors, sharp fabric scissors, and sharp-tipped embroidery scissors
- Sewing machine and thread to match dress fabric
- Iron and ironing board
- Wool quilt batting and hemostats for stuffing Basil
- Pink stamp pad and small, short-bristled paintbrush
- Spray starch, and spray bottle with water
- Yarn needle
Separate, individually downloadable PDF patterns are now also available for lots of other clothes of so you can add to your rabbit wardrobe.
Please note: The animals in the Little Animal Family are special and are not meant to be played with by unsupervised babies or small children who might swallow the small pieces of their wardrobes, or chew off an ear or a leg. Please use your judgement and watch your baby or child carefully when they are playing with handmade softies, or any toys with smaller parts. Thank you!
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.