Dovegray Doll Sewing Pattern
Meet the Dovegray Doll! This little doll is entirely stitched by hand and made of wool-blend felt. She wears a (machine-stitched) camisole and bloomers made of cotton muslin, decorated with tiny silk ribbon bows. With this instantly downloadable PDF pattern you can make a dressed-up Dovegray Doll of your very own!
Finished Size: About 14" (35.5cm) tall
To make a Dovegray Doll, this pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions with full-color photos
- Embroidery tutorial
- Pattern templates at 100%, ready to print and cut
In addition you will need:
- One 12" x 18" (30cm x 46cm) piece of wool-rayon felt from National Nonwovens in color TOY002-0615 (Champagne) for light skin, TOY002-0624 (Camel) for medium skin, or TOY002-2655 (Safari Brown) for dark skin
- 1 skein DMC 6-strand cotton floss for all body stitches in color 945 (for light skin), color 3863 (for medium skin), or 869 (for dark skin)
- Small amounts of various colors of DMC 6-strand cotton floss for facial features, including eyes, eyebrows, eyelashes, eye highlights, and lips
- 14 yds (14m) Brown Sheep Co. Lanaloft single-ply worsted-weight yarn in color LL41W (Buckwheat) for blond hair, LL69W (English Saddle) for brown hair, or LL03W (Black Bear) for black hair; or Lamb’s Pride color M-154 (Rooster Red) for red hair, or M-89 (Roasted Coffee) for auburn hair
- 3 yards (3m) DMC 6-strand cotton floss for tacking down hair in color 739 (blond), color 310 (black), 355 (red), color 3371 (brown) or color 3857 (auburn)
- 6 oz. polyester fiberfill
For Camisole and Bloomers:
- One 9" x 44" (23cm x 112cm) piece of 100% cotton muslin fabric
- 1 3/4 yards (1.6m) elastic thread
- 8" (20cm) 4mm silk ribbon
As well as:
- Dritz brand large-eyed sharp doll needles #D157, in three sizes from 3"–3¾" long
- Size #5 embroidery needle for stitching doll
- Dritz brand Fray Check seam sealant
- Water-erase fabric marker
- Paper scissors, sharp fabric scissors, and sharp-tipped embroidery scissors
- Hemostats for stuffing doll
- Sewing machine and thread to match Camisole and Bloomers
- Iron and ironing board
- 6 oz. polyester fiberfill
- Pink stamp pad and small, short-bristled paintbrush
- Spray bottle with water
Please note: All of the clothes designed for Dovegray Dolls and animals in the Little Animal Family are interchangeable and will fit all of the dolls and softies in these collections.
Also: The Dovegray Dolls are special and are not meant to be played with by unsupervised babies or small children who might swallow the small pieces of their wardrobes, or chew off an ear or a leg. Please use your judgement and watch your baby or child carefully when they are playing with handmade softies, or any toys with smaller parts. Thank you!
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.