Miss Dandelion Doe Softie Sewing Pattern
Meet Miss Dandelion Doe! This little deer is entirely stitched by hand and made of wool-blend felt. She wears a (machine-stitched) mini dress, removable hand-embroidered boots, and wears a hand-knit wool kerchief based on a traditional hap shawl. With this pattern, you can make a dressed-up Dandelion of your very own!
Separate, individually downloadable PDF patterns are also available for lots of other clothes and accessories so you can add to your rabbit wardrobe.
Finished Size: About 14" (35.5cm) tall (not including her ears)
This pattern contains:
- Stitching instructions with photos
- Embroidery tutorial
- Knitting pattern
- Pattern templates
To make Miss Dandelion Doe, you will need:
- One 12" x 18" (30cm x 46cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #WCF001-0626 Beige
- One 4" x 4" (10cm x 10cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #WCF001-1102 Antique White
- One 3" x 4" (7.5cm x 10cm) piece of cotton fabric
For her dress:
- One 18" x 18" (46cm x 46cm) piece of cotton fabric
- One 3/16" (1.5mm) (size 4/0) snap
For her boots:
- One 5" x 8" (13cm x 20cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #TOY002-2636 Mahogany Rose
For her kerchief:
40 yards (10g) of Brown Sheep Nature Spun sport-weight yarn
- Three colors of 6-ply DMC cotton embroidery floss: #3828 (beige), #3371 (brown), #3865 (white), #779 (purple), and #3012 (green), as well as some floral colors for boot embroidery
As well as:
- Size US5 (3.75mm) knitting needles
- Size #5 embroidery needle for stitching doe
- Water-erase fabric marker and chalk fabric pencil
- Paper scissors, sharp fabric scissors, and sharp-tipped embroidery scissors
- Sewing machine and thread to match dress fabric
- Iron and ironing board
- Wool quilt batting and hemostats for stuffing Dandelion
- Pink stamp pad and small, short-bristled paintbrush
- Spray starch, and spray bottle with water
- Yarn needle and two stitch markers
Separate, individually downloadable PDF patterns are now also available for lots of other clothes of so you can add to your rabbit wardrobe.
Please note: The animals in the Little Animal Family are special and are not meant to be played with by unsupervised babies or small children who might swallow the small pieces of their wardrobes, or chew off an ear or a leg. Please use your judgement and watch your baby or child carefully when they are playing with handmade softies, or any toys with smaller parts. Thank you!
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.