Miss Phyllis Mouse Softie Sewing Pattern
Meet Miss Phyllis Mouse! This little mousie is entirely stitched by hand and made of wool-blend felt. She wears a (machine-stitched) mini dress, removable moccasins, and has hand-knit wool leg warmers to keep her cozy. With this kit, you can make a dressed-up Phyllis of your very own!
Separate, individually downloadable PDF patterns are also available for lots of other clothes and accessories so you can add to your rabbit wardrobe.
Finished Size: About 14" (35.5cm) tall (not including her ears)
This pattern contains:
- Stitching instructions with photos
- Embroidery tutorial
- Knitting pattern
- Pattern templates
To make Miss Phyllis Mouse, you will need:
- One 12" x 18" (30cm x 46cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #TOY002-1020 Silver Gray
- One 2" x 4" (5cm x 10cm) piece of Liberty Tana Lawn cotton (for ear)
For her dress:
- One 18" x 18" (46cm x 46cm) piece of Liberty Tana Lawn cotton
- One 3/16" (1.5mm) (size 4/0) snap
For her boots:
- One 5" x 8" (13cm x 20cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #TOY002-0664 Oakwood (reddish-brown)
For her leg warmers:
40 yards (about 10g) of Brown Sheep Lanaloft sport-weight wool yarn
As well as:
- Six colors of 6-ply DMC cotton embroidery floss: #168 (gray), #939 (blue), #224 (pink), #642 (tan), #801 (reddish-brown), and #3371 (dark brown)
- Size US5 (3.75mm) knitting needles
- Size #5 embroidery needle for stitching mousie
- Water-erase fabric marker and chalk fabric pencil
- Paper scissors, sharp fabric scissors, and sharp-tipped embroidery scissors
- Sewing machine and thread to match dress fabric
- Iron and ironing board
- Wool quilt batting and hemostats for stuffing Phyllis
- Pink stamp pad and small, short-bristled paintbrush
- Spray starch, and spray bottle with water
- Marker matching color of dress fabric (to dye elastic)
- Yarn needle
Separate, individually downloadable PDF patterns are now also available for lots of other clothes of so you can add to your rabbit wardrobe.
Please note: The animals in the Little Animal Family are special and are not meant to be played with by unsupervised babies or small children who might swallow the small pieces of their wardrobes, or chew off an ear or a leg. Please use your judgement and watch your baby or child carefully when they are playing with handmade softies, or any toys with smaller parts. Thank you!
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.