Miss Juniper Kitty Softie Sewing Pattern
Meet Miss Juniper Kitty! This little kitty is entirely stitched by hand and made of wool-blend felt. She wears a (machine-stitched) peasant dress made of the finest Liberty Tana Lawn cotton all the way from London, removable Wellington boots, and has a hand-knit wool cowl to keep her toasty. With this kit, you can make a dressed-up Juniper of your very own!
Please note: All of the clothes designed for other animals in the Little Animal Family are interchangeable and will fit the rabbit, kitty, deer, mouse, and fox softie dolls.
Finished Size: About 14" (35.5cm) tall (not including her ears)
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions with photos
- Embroidery tutorial
- Knitting pattern
- Pattern templates
To make Miss Juniper Kitty, you will need:
- One 12" x 18" (30cm x 46cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #WCF001-2010 Smokey Marble
- One 2" x 3" (5cm x 7.5cm) piece of Liberty Tana Lawn cotton in Claire Aude L (for ear)
For her dress:
- One 18" x 18" (46cm x 46cm) piece of Liberty Tana Lawn cotton in Emma & Georgina A or Edenham L
- 1½ yards (137cm) elastic thread
For her boots:
- One 5" x 8" (13cm x 20cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #WCF001-0745 Evergreen
For her capelet:
- 40 yards (10g) of Brown Sheep Nature Spun sport-weight yarn in Lemongrass 131 or Lanaloft sport in Dark Magenta LL85
- Five colors of 6-ply DMC cotton embroidery floss: #414 (charcoal), #224 (pink), #500 (dark green), #367 (light green), and #3021 (brown)
As well as:
- Size US5 (3.75mm) knitting needles
- Size #5 embroidery needle for stitching kitten
- Size #18 darning needle for elastic thread
- Water-erase fabric marker and chalk fabric pencil
- Paper scissors, sharp fabric scissors, and sharp-tipped embroidery scissors
- Sewing machine and thread to match dress fabric
- Iron and ironing board
- Wool quilt batting and hemostats for stuffing Juniper
- Pink stamp pad and small, short-bristled paintbrush
- Spray starch, and spray bottle with water
- Marker matching color of dress fabric (to dye elastic)
Separate, individually downloadable PDF patterns are now also available for lots of other clothes of so you can add to your kitty wardrobe.
Please note: The animals in the Little Animal Family are special and are not meant to be played with by unsupervised babies or small children who might swallow the small pieces of their wardrobes, or chew off an ear or a leg. Please use your judgement and watch your baby or child carefully when they are playing with handmade softies, or any toys with smaller parts. Thank you!
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.