Spring Splendor Cross Stitch Sampler Kit
Came the spring with all its splendor,
All its birds and all its blossoms,
All its flowers and leaves and grasses.
— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, from “The Song of Hiawatha,” 1855
Some of the elements in this design are stitched with variegated hand over-dyed six-strand cotton embroidery floss from Weeks Dye Works, a family-owned and -operated company in North Carolina. Because the floss is naturally variegated, these elements of the sampler contain variations of color and hue, giving it the most gorgeous, textural quality with very little effort on your part. (The other elements are stitched with DMC — also nice!)
Finished size of design area: 122 stitches wide x 90 stitches high; 7.6"w x by 5.6"h (19cm x14cm) on 32-count fabric
This kit contains:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count linen from Wichelt in Touch of Blue
- Weeks Dye Works hand over-dyed 6-strand cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions and color cross-stitch chart
You will need:
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Thread organizing supplies
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.