A Tender Year: April Embroidery Pattern
The past few years have challenged us in ways I couldn't have imagined. I find myself focused on the simple, steady pleasures of my home and family. In April in the Pacific Northwest, my apple tree is about to bloom and I am busy sewing clothes for warmer weather. I designed this little vignette to celebrate these sweet parts of our ever-changing days.
Finished size of design area: To fit a 5" x 7" (13cm x 18cm) stretched canvas
You will need:
- One 11" x 13" (28cm x 33cm) piece of Kona cotton in Bone
- DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss in colors 926, 211, 3821, 747, 945, 3064, 632, 166, 966, 3348, 3012, 745, 818, 3733, 704, 152, 3328, 3828, 842, 310, 452, and 168.
- One 5" x 7" (13cm x 18cm) stretched canvas
- One scant 5" x 7" (13cm x 18cm) piece of wool-rayon felt for backing
- Short thumbtacks
- Fabric glue
- Picture hanger
- #5 sharp needle(s) for embroidery
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop (for stitching)
- Fine-tipped water-soluble marking pen
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions
- Illustrated stitch tutorial for special stitches
- Black and white line drawing for tracing
Please click here for a tutorial on how I wrap my embroidery around a canvas.