Christmas is Coming! Cross Stitch Ornament Pattern
These sweet little ornaments are perfect for when you want to make a quick present for a friend. Finish by mounting them on cardstock with pretty calicos and gingham ribbons, and don’t forget to attach a charm on the back to mark the year.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 2.19"w x by 2.19"h (5cm x5cm); 35 stitches wide x 35 stitches high on 32-count fabric
- Eight 3" x 3" (8cm x 8cm) cardstock pieces
- Four 2.5" x 2.5" (6.5cm x 6.5cm) cardstock pieces
- Two 4" x 4" (10cm x 10cm) pieces of cotton calico fabric in each of four different prints
- Four 2.5" x 2.5" (6.5cm x 6.5cm) pieces of 100% cotton quilt batting
- 1 yard of 5mm-wide gingham ribbon in pink
- 1 yard of 5mm-wide gingham ribbon in dark red
- Masking tape or double-sided tape
- Fabric glue such as Fabri-Tac or Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Year charms and jump rings
- Small pliers to open and close jump rings
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Color charts with symbols
- Stitching instructions and ornament-making tutorial with color photos
Please note: This pattern is a downloadable PDF pattern. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer. I suggest printing at 100% and using "high quality" for your settings.
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.