First Snow Cross Stitch Sampler Pattern
This past summer, a little bird stepped onto my finger. It was such a magical moment that I have thought of it many times since. It inspired this little — albeit, wintry — piece. I hope it brings a bit of magic into your life this season, too.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6"w x 9"h (15cm x 23cm); 104 stitches wide x 144 high on 32-count fabric
You will need:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count linen in Star Sapphire by Wichelt
- (55) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions
- Illustrated stitch tutorial for special stitch
- Color cross-stitch chart with symbols
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.