Full-Moon Planting Cross Stitch Sampler Pattern
Do you garden depending on where the moon is in its cycle?
Just as it causes the ocean tides, the moon also affects the amount of water in the soil. To take advantage of its changing influence, it is said that fruits and vegetables should be planted while the moon is waxing, and root crops should be sowed from the time it is full through its waning phase. My design depicts that heady time when spring fever has taken hold, and we are busy getting the garden ready for the season ahead.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 8.63"w x by 10.5"h (22cm x27); 138 stitches wide x 168 stitches high on 32-count fabric
You will need:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count Belfast linen from Zweigart in Whisper, color 786 *Please note: There is only about 2.5" extra fabric widthwise for this design, so please make sure you start your stitching in the middle of the fabric.
- (59) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss plus one skein each of colors #3772 and #433
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions
- Color and black-and-white cross-stitch charts with symbols
Please note: This pattern is a downloadable PDF pattern. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer. I suggest printing at 100% and using "high quality" for your settings.
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.