Evening Skate Cross Stitch Sampler Pattern
$12.00“In the darkness and the snow, the street is empty and it is just the night, the ice, and me.”
—Miriam Joy, Crossroads Poetry
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 8.63"w x by 10.5"h (22cm x27); 138 stitches wide x 168 stitches high on 32-count fabric
You will need:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count Belfast linen from Zweigart in Whisper/Ash Gray, color 786 *Please note: There is only about 2.5" extra fabric widthwise for this design, so please make sure you start your stitching in the middle of the fabric.
- (56) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss plus one skein of color #519
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions
- Color and black-and-white cross-stitch charts with symbols
Please note: This pattern is a downloadable PDF pattern. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer. I suggest printing at 100% and using "high quality" for your settings.
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.