Winterwoods ABCs Cross Stitch Sampler Kit
This counted cross stitch sampler was inspired by our walks in the woods near Mt. Hood, Oregon, this past winter. It is stitched on 28-count Cashel linen made by the Zweigart company in Germany, with variegated hand over-dyed six-strand cotton embroidery floss from Weeks Dye Works, a family-owned and -operated company in North Carolina. Because the floss is naturally variegated, each element of the sampler contains variations of color and hue, giving it the most gorgeous, textural quality with very little effort on your part.
Finished size of design area: 8" x 10" (20cm x 27cm)
This kit contains:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 28-count Cashel linen in Smokey Pearl
- Weeks Dye Works hand over-dyed 6-strand cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions and color cross-stitch chart
You will need:
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Thread organizing supplies
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.