Things of Summer Cross Stitch Sampler Pattern
This is an aspirational collection of summer things. I designed it before lock-down started last spring, never dreaming that much of what's invoked here — beach days and summer parties and midsummer crowns — would be enjoyed alone, or not at all. Nevertheless, the simple joys of summer have not entirely disappeared. The red geranium I used as a prop in this photo is now thriving on my office windowsill. My striped-suited daughter has spent many afternoons splashing in her backyard wading pool. And the bouquets of wildflowers we've picked from our very own front borders bring me cheer every day. I hope this little collection of things helps remind you of the small summer sweetnesses in your own days right now.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6"w x 8"h (15cm x 20cm); 96 stitches wide x 128 high on 32-count fabric
This pattern contains:
- Stitching instructions
- Color cross-stitch chart with symbols
You will need:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count evenweave linen from Wichelt in Star Sapphire (color 113)
- (55) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organize
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.