The Leaves by Hundreds Came Cross Stitch Sampler Kit PRE-ORDER
Please note: We are currently taking pre-orders for this kit and will be shipping them in mid-October, 2018. I will be posting updates on my blog as we make progress with assembly. Any other items you place in the same order will ship altogether, at the same time as this kit.
October gave a party; The leaves by hundreds came - The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples, And leaves of every name. The Sunshine spread a carpet, And everything was grand, Miss Weather led the dancing, Professor Wind the band.George Cooper
Fall is the sweetest, shortest season here in northwest Oregon. I can't stand hot weather and wait all summer for these cool, crisp days, where the air smells of earth and dry leaves. For this, the last of my 8" x 10" seasonal series, I wanted to honor the beauty of this rich, vibrant season, filled with busy activities and cozy details.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6.25"w x 8.5"h (16cm x 22cm); 100 stitches wide x 140 high on 32-count fabric
This kit contains:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count evenweave linen from Wichelt in Milk Chocolate (color 95)
- (46) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions
- Color cross-stitch chart with symbols
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
You will need:
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.