Summer Storm Cross Stitch Sampler Kit
Please note: I am currently taking PRE-ORDERS for this kit, which we are planning to ship sometime in mid-July. If you order any other physical products (i.e.: not digital downloads) along with this, it will also ship when this kit ships. If you have any questions, please let me know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment in the space provided when you place your order. Thank you for understanding!
All week here in northwest Oregon we've had scorching hot weather and blazing sun broken by the onset of sudden cloud cover, wind, and thunder rumbling long and low across the sky. I have been thrilled with these summer storms. They are exactly like I remember from my childhood in the Midwest, and are what I tried to capture in this little cross-stitch design. In my front garden here at home, today on Midsummer Day, my dahlias and daisies are just starting to bloom. My little girl loves to pick them for me.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6.25"w x 8.5"h (16cm x 22cm); 100 stitches wide x 138 high on 32-count fabric
This kit contains:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count evenweave Country French linen from Wichelt in Rain 258
- (54) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions
- Color cross-stitch chart with symbols
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
You will need:
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.