Nutcracker Sweet Cross Stitch Pattern
My little girl will be going to a new ballet school this year, and they do The Nutcracker every December. Normally we see it in the big, fancy theater downtown, but I think that no matter where you can catch a performance or how small the dancers, it is always just a magical part of the holiday season.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6"w x 8"h (15cm x 20cm); 98 stitches wide x 130 high on 32-count fabric
You will need:
- One 12" x 14" (30cm x 36cm) piece of 32-count evenweave linen from Zweigart in Blush
- (46) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions
- Color and black-and-white cross-stitch charts with symbols
Please note: This pattern is a downloadable PDF pattern. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer. I suggest printing at 100% and using "high quality" for your settings.
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.