My Sweetiepie ABCs Cross Stitch Sampler Kit
This counted cross stitch sampler was inspired by the delightful experience of living with two-year-old Miss Amelia Paulson while she learns, among billions of other things right now, her ABCs. It is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss. Suitable for boys or girls of all ages, it is, to date, possibly my favorite thing I have ever designed.
Finished size of design area: 13.1" x 10.3" (33cm x 26cm); 210 stitches wide x 165 high on 32-count fabric
This kit contains:
- One 20" x 18" (51cm x 46cm) piece of 32-count Zweigart Belfast linen in Stone Gray
- (79) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions
- Illustrated stitch tutorial for special stitches
- Color cross-stitch chart with symbols
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
You will need:
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help in organizing your embroidery floss for this kit, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.
ERRATA ALERT: Please note there is an extra empty (last) column on the first page of the chart. Please ignore this column when taping your chart together. I'm sorry about that!