Little Women Cross Stitch Pattern
“The homeliest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them.”
— Louisa May Alcott, Little Women.
I designed this piece after seeing the 2019 movie version of Little Women directed by Greta Gerwig. It has inspired further designs based on my some of my favorite books (Anne of Green Gables and The Secret Garden are coming soon!).
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6"w x 8"h (15cm x 20cm); 98 stitches wide x 130 high on 32-count fabric
You will need:
- One 12" x 14" (30cm x 36cm) piece of 32-count evenweave linen from Wichelt in Chestnut
- DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions
- Color and black-and-white cross-stitch charts with symbols
Please note: This pattern is a downloadable PDF pattern. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer. I suggest printing at 100% and using "high quality" for your settings.
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.