Storybook Woods Baby Bonnet Sewing Pattern
Inspired by a traditional Scandinavian cap, this little embroidered wool bonnet is lined with cotton calico and totally reversible. The pattern contains step-by-step instructions, an embroidery tutorial, and pattern templates for making a bonnet in four sizes.
Finished sizes (to fit head circumferences): Extra Small (0-3 months): 16" (40.5cm); Small (6-9 months): 17" (43cm); Medium (12 months): 18" (45.5cm); Large (18-24 months): 19" (48cm).
You will need:
- For outside of bonnet: 3/8yd (34cm) of (any width) lightweight woven wool or wool flannel
- For lining: 3/8yd (34cm) 45" (114cm) -wide cotton calico fabric
- Two 12" (61cm) lengths of 3/8" (10mm) -wide ribbon
- 4 colors of 6-strand cotton embroidery floss to coordinate with your lining fabric: 1 Green and 3 Flower colors (1 Dark, 1 Medium, 1 Light); or 1 Green and 1 Brown for Simple Pine
- Embroidery needle and 4" (10cm) hoop
- Thread to match both outside fabric and lining
- Chalk pencil or fabric marker
- Dressmaker's ham, for pressing curves
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.