Jane Market Bag Sewing Pattern
I love the way that everyone is using cloth shopping bags these days. When I was a little girl, I remember that my grandma always carried her groceries home from Dominick's in a calico bag similar to this. I designed this one based on her original, which I still have. It's generously sized and sturdy, and can be made out of a few remnants you have around. You can also slide a paper grocery bag into it perfectly, if you want some extra support. Consider sewing a few more for your friends; these make great gifts, too.
Fully lined; machine wash cold and cool dry.
Finished size: About 11" (28cm) wide, 13" (33cm) tall, and 8" (20½cm) deep, with 16" (40½cm) straps
The pattern includes:
- Materials list
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Full-color step-by-step photo illustrations
You will need:
- (3) ½-yard (45.5cm) pieces of 45"- (114cm-) wide assorted cotton calicos
- (1) 1/8-yard (12cm) piece of 45"- (114cm-) wide cotton calico
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
- (1) 8" x 11" (28cm x 20.5cm) piece of corrugated cardboard (optional)
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.