Peasant Dress, Pinafore, and Stockings Kit: Dark Green Roses 8794
PRE-ORDER ONLY: Please note that we are planning to ship all Dovegray Doll and Peasant Dress, Pinafore, and Stockings kits (and any supplies ordered to complete them) by mid-November 2019.
Make your doll a sweet little outfit with this kit. With full-color printed patterns for a simple elastic-gathered peasant dress, a hand-embroidered removable pinafore, and lace stockings (easily knit flat and then stitched up the back), your doll or softie will look so pretty in these lovely things.
Finished Size: To fit all Dovegray Dolls or members of the Little Animal Family
This kit includes:
For Peasant Dress:
- One 18" x 18" (46cm x 46cm) piece of calico 100% cotton vintage fabric
- 1½ yds (1.4m) elastic thread
- One 6" x 44" (15cm x 112cm) piece of solid-colored 100% cotton fabric
- DMC six-strand cotton embroidery floss in various colors, including two shades of green and other colors to compliment dress and pinafore fabrics
- 2 snaps, 3/16" (6mm) wide (also called 4/0)
- 2 buttons, 1/4" (6mm) wide
- 40 yds (1g) lace-weight wool yarn
As well as:
- Stitching instructions with photos
- Embroidery tutorial
- Pattern templates
You will need:
- Dritz brand Fray Check seam sealant
- Size #5 embroidery needle
- Fine-tipped water-erase fabric marker
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- #18 darning needle or other large-eyed sharp needle (for threading elastic thread; can use medium doll needle if you have it)
- Sharp fabric scissors, and sharp-tipped embroidery scissors
- Yarn needle to stitch up back of stocking
- Size US5 (3.75mm) straight knitting needles
- Sewing machine and thread to match fabrics
- Iron and ironing board
- Spray bottle with water
- Ruler and rotary cutter
- Marker to match color of dress
Please note: All of the clothes designed for Dovegray Dolls and animals in the Little Animal Family are interchangeable and will fit all of the dolls and softies in these collections.
Also: The Dovegray Dolls and Little Animal Family softies are special and are not meant to be played with by unsupervised babies or small children who might swallow the small pieces of their wardrobes, or chew off an ear or a leg. Please use your judgement and watch your baby or child carefully when they are playing with handmade softies, or any toys with smaller parts. Thank you!