The Mist and All Cross Stitch Sampler Pattern
I love the Dixie Willson poem “The Mist and All” that starts, “I love the fall/The mist and all./
I like the night owl’s/Lonely call—” and ends with the narrator enjoying a cozy fire within.
In my design, owl, crow, and mushroom converge on a cloudy night with a
golden moon above, evoking autumn’s quiet evening beauty.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6"w x 8"h (15cm x 20cm); 96 stitches wide x 128 high on 32-count fabric
You will need:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count evenweave linen from Wichelt in Natural Brown Undyed
- (37) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- One skein DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss in color #3371
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions
- Color and black-and-white cross-stitch charts with symbols
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.