Harvest Moon Cross Stitch Sampler Pattern
I make no secret of it, but I wait all summer for the start of fall. As much as I try to live in the moment, I can’t help but wither in the summer heat. I start longing for cool, crisp mornings and early evenings, when the moon is low and seems lit from within. Every year we go to a pumpkin patch so that our little girl can run and play amongst the cheerful gourds and sweet-smelling bales of hay. There is always a corn maze, a hay ride, and even a peanut-covered caramel apple for mama, which I eat with absolute delight, knowing that fall has arrived. It is a season of beauty and sweetness all its own.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 8.63"w x by 10.5"h (22cm x27); 138 stitches wide x 168 stitches high on 32-count fabric
You will need:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count Belfast linen from Zweigart in Whisper, color 786 *Please note: There is only about 2.5" extra fabric widthwise for this design, so please make sure you start your stitching in the middle of the fabric.
- (61) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss plus one skein each of colors #3772 and #433
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions
- Color and black-and-white cross-stitch charts with symbols
Please note: This pattern is a downloadable PDF pattern. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer. I suggest printing at 100% and using "high quality" for your settings.
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.
Model stitched by Pamela Ray. Thank you Pam!