Daisychain ABCs Crewelwork Sampler Kit
I designed this little sampler using 26 different fonts from my big collection of vintage clip-art and lettering books. Although at first glance it may look complicated, it uses many simple stitches you probably already know how to do, including straight stitch, backstitch, stem stitch, lazy daisy stitch, satin stitch, blanket stitch, and French knot.
As I said on the blog, I had kind of a Sister-Golden-Hair thing going on in my mind as I designed it, and I like to think of you sitting on your porch in a halter top and bare feet, drinking peach iced tea, working on this as you watch the dandelions bloom and the summer unfold.
Finished size of design area: To fit an 11" x 14" frame
Please note: You will need to transfer this design to the fabric as outline in the pattern. Pre-printed fabric is not available for this kit.
This kit contains:
- One 18" x 22" piece of quilter’s cotton (Prairie Cloth from Fabri-quilt 160-9877 Moss; please note this fabric is discontinued in the retail market)
- Nine skeins of Appleton's 2-ply crewel wool*
- Design templates that you will need to transfer to your fabric using a tracing method
- Easy-to-follow instructions and diagrams
- Illustrated stitch glossary for every stitch used
You will need:
- Crewel needle
- Sakura Pigma Micron marker, size 01 (.25mm)
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
*Color substitutions for DMC 6-strand embroidery floss are also included. DMC floss is not included.