The Leaves by Hundreds Came Cross Stitch Sampler Kit
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
Fall is the sweetest, shortest season here in northwest Oregon. I can't stand hot weather and wait all summer for these cool, crisp days, where the air smells of earth and dry leaves. For this, the last of my 8" x 10" seasonal series, I wanted to honor the beauty of this rich, vibrant season, filled with busy activities and cozy details.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6.25"w x 8.5"h (16cm x 22cm); 100 stitches wide x 140 high on 32-count fabric
This kit contains:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count evenweave linen from Wichelt in Milk Chocolate (color 95)
- (46) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions
- Color cross-stitch chart with symbols
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
You will need:
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.