A Cold Day Outfit Pattern
This little outfit is perfect for cold weather and includes a hand-stitched wool-felt duffel coat, a hand-knit stripey wool sweater, a pair of machine- stitched jeans, a pair of hand-stitched wool felt boots, and a hand-knit wool cable scarf. It will fit all animals in the Little Animal Family.
Please note: This pattern does not include instructions or templates for making the animal doll itself. Please purchase animal doll patterns separately.
This pattern includes:
- Stitching instructions with photos
- Embroidery tutorial
- Knitting pattern
- Pattern templates
Finished Size: To fit all animals in the Little Animal Family
To make A Cold Day Outfit, you will need:
For duffel coat:
- One 12" x 18" (30cm x 46cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color TOY002-2308 Love Bug Blue OR #TOY002-0944 English Rose
- Seven ¼” (6mm) buttons
- 30 yards (10g) of Brown Sheep Nature Spun sport-weight wool yarn in Butterscotch 124 OR Fanciful Blue 158 (main color)
- 20 yards (10g) of Brown Sheep Nature Spun sport-weight wool yarn in Aran N91 (contrast color)
- One 9" x 12" (23cm x 30cm) piece of 6.5oz cotton denim
- One 5" x 8" (13cm x 20cm) piece of National Nonwovens wool-blend felt in color #WCF001-0663 Light Brown (which is actually a dark brown, in my opinion) OR #WCF001-2103 Ember
- 40 yards (about 10g) of Brown Sheep Lanaloft sport-weight wool yarn in Sandstone Cove LL42 (beige) or Bridal Rose LL09
As well as:
- Three colors of 6-ply DMC cotton embroidery floss: #930 (light blue), #932 (dark blue), and #3860 (brown) OR #3733 (dark rose), #151 (light rose), and #938 (brown)
- Water-erase fabric marker
- Paper scissors, sharp fabric scissors, and sharp-tipped embroidery scissors
- Size #5 embroidery needle for stitching coat and boots
- Spray bottle with water
- Sewing machine and thread to match jeans
- Iron, ironing board, and dressmaker’s ham (for pressing)
- Size US5 (3.75mm) knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- Cable needle
Please note: The animals and their clothes in the Little Animal Family are special, and not meant to be played with by unsupervised babies or small children who might swallow boots or scarves, or chew off an ear or a leg. Please use your judgement and watch your baby or child carefully when they are playing with handmade softies, or any toys with smaller parts. Thank you!
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.